New Page 1

Center Post Spindle Help!

Not sure of what center post or stub spindle you need? If the guidance on this page still leaves you wondering, Contact us by email with as much information as possible so that we can help you determine what you need and avoid the nuisance of returns. If you email, please put us on your “safe list” so that you will get our reply – or Contact us by phone.

If you have a Voice of Music brand phono, usually the phono model number is all we need. We can specify the exact replacement and alternatives. All of our V-M center posts are genuine products of V-M Corporation.

If you have a V-M built record changer in another brand phono, the V-M model number of the record changer is usually all we need. Click on Do I have a V-M record changer? to locate where to find the model number.

For all phonos, turntables, and record changers, the following information may be helpful in determining a suitable centerpost or stub spindle:

  • Phonograph or turntable brand and model number MAY be enough information.
     - If you know who made the record changer in your phono, search on the changer manufacturer using
       the “Search by Brand” menu as those listings are more complete. Major record changer manufacturers
       for which we have the most center post spindles in stock are V-M, Admiral, BSR, Collaro (also see
       Magnavox), Garrard, GE, Glenburn, RCA, Webcor and Zenith.
          - For example, major record player brands like Motorola, Philco and Zenith mostly purchased record
            changers from V-M, Garrard, Webcor, etc. Look for your spindle under one of those brands.
     - Measure the height of the old center post spindle from the bottom to the top and compare this to
       the height of the center post shown in the listings.
     - If you know which 45 adapter goes with your model, that can be helpful. Most of the center post
       listings show which 45 adapter is appropriate for which center post.
     - Stub spindle selection is limited and usually make and model number (for component turntables and
       record changers) is sufficient information.

  • Additional, more specific information may be helpful when contacting us, if you have it:
     - The manufacturer’s part number for the center post or stub spindle.
     - The manufacturer’s model or series number for the record changer

If you are still unsure, Contact us by email with as much of the above information as possible, including the phono model number and a picture of the old part if you still have it. We will work with you to determine the exact or an effective replacement or otherwise advise.

New Page 1

Logo The Voice of Music

V-M Audio Enthusiasts -37530 E. Meadowhill Dr. - Northville, MI 48167   
® Registered trademarks of V-M Audio Enthusiasts LLC.   Other material copyright 2000-2024 by V-M Audio Enthusiasts.
Website created by